Craft4Smiles C.I.C.Back to Activities
Craft4Smiles is a crafting community whose members have all experienced the benefits of crafting for their own wellbeing, and are working to give others the chance to do the same and join them. They offer a variety of live & online craft courses for adults aged 18 years and over.
This activity is good for wellbeing because
- it is creative and leads to the production of something beautiful that can be kept and displayed or given to family and friends,
- it allows the development of new skills and knowledge and something meaningful to do in your spare time,
- it enables social interaction and positive relationships to develop.
‘I just wanted to say thank you for the way you made the sessions fun, encouraging and welcoming, you made me feel like I belonged somewhere, something I haven’t felt in a really long time. You helped me re-discover my passion for crafts and arts, it’s really helped me along in my recovery and contributed in my decision to apply for a course. So for everything I mentioned, I am always grateful.’
How to contact
Where to go
Some of the classes are in person and some are offered online.
Craft4Smiles offer a number of sponsored (free) places on their courses. Contact them directly for details.
Craft4Smiles offer a variety of live online, and in-person, paper and mixed media craft courses for adults aged 18 years and over:
- Pop-ups/tasters: 2 hour events – fun, social activities that offer the opportunity to dip into 1 or 2 chosen crafts.
- Short courses: 2 hours per week for 5 weeks – exploring and developing a specific crafting activity e.g. quilling, memory book, or box and card making.
- Introduction to Papercrafting: 2 hours per week, 40 weeks per year (‘long’ course); allows participants to explore more than 20 crafting techniques. Participants have the opportunity to opt to train to become assistants and then craft tutors for Craft4Smiles and/or to display and sell in the Gallery and develop their own crafting business.
All materials, equipment and instruction are provided.
If you would like to organise a pop-up or run a longer course, Craft4Smilles will work with you to explore options for funding the activity. Just get in touch to discuss your idea.
If you would like more information about any aspect of this page, contact Craft4Smiles for more information.