Kings Hedges Family Support Project (KHFSP)Back to Activities
The Kings Hedges Family Support Project runs free drop-in sessions for families with children under 5 years old. You can take part in creative activities with your children, talk to other parents and Family Support Workers and enjoy a free lunch.
This activity is good for wellbeing because
- Sessions provide a relaxed space where children and parents/carers can socialise and have fun;
- You can connect with other parents to share your experiences;
- You can talk to Family Support Workers in a safe and comfortable space.
How to contact
Where to go
The Fields Child and Family Centre Galfrid Rd CB5 8ND
North Cambridge Child and Family Centre
Cambridge CB4 2LD
Brown's Field Youth and Community Centre
Green End Road
Cambridge CB4 1RU
What to expect
KHFSP run three weekly drop-in groups for families with children aged under 5. Your children can take part in fun play opportunities, read books and join in with singing and crafts. You will be able to enjoy a cup of tea or coffee, chat to other parents/carers and speak to Family Support Workers for advice or support.
The staff at the sessions are approachable, non-judgemental and knowledgeable, and will be able to put you in touch with other local support organisations if needed. A free healthy lunch is provided at all the sessions for both adults and children.
The weekly sessions are listed below. Visit the KHFSP website for details on timings:
- Mondays Together – The Fields Child and Family Centre, Galfrid Rd, CB5 8ND
- Wednesdays Together – North Cambridge Children’s Centre, Campkin Road, CB4 2LD.
- Thursdays Together – Browns Field Youth and Community Centre, Green End Rd, CB4 1RU
If you are planning to attend a group for the first time, please text or call one of the team so they can welcome you and give you all the information you need.
Karen (Family Support Worker) – 07541 933831, Marie (Family Support Worker) – 07951 955371 or Suzie (Project Manager) – 07809 727222
Or email Suzie on [email protected]
All groups are free to attend and snacks and lunch are provided free of charge.