OptiMum Health and Fitness for WomenBack to Activities
With OptiMum Health & Fitness for Women, Nikki Baring offers exercise classes, workshops, coaching & other support to improve the health & fitness of women, with a particular emphasis on pelvic health.
This activity is good for wellbeing because
- Some women avoid movement when they have pelvic floor issues, but Nikki encourages women to keep moving and feel more confident about their bodies;
- Nikki adapts sessions to meet individual needs, so everyone is supported whatever their current level of fitness;
- OptiMum is as much about supporting a community of like-minded women as it is about movement and exercise.
“Over the years I have tried many, many different kinds of exercise including a wide variety of classes. The truth is… I don’t enjoy exercise, I endure it because I know it is an important part of a healthy lifestyle. I have done six barre classes with Nikki now and I can honestly say that I love it. I genuinely look forward to the classes and I am keen to practice at home using Nikki’s online videos. The classes are fun, and I feel like I am getting a good workout, which is low impact, which I personally prefer. The music keeps me motivated and adds to the enjoyment of the class! I can’t recommend it highly enough.”
How to contact
Where to go
The William Collyn Community Centre
Storey's Field Centre
Cambridge CB3 1AA
What to expect?
Nikki Baring is a Women’s Wellness Coach and personal trainer. She first started working in the fitness industry in 2000 after finishing a degree in Dance Performance. Nikki founded OptiMum Health & Fitness after becoming a mum and experiencing health issues from a challenging pregnancy and birth herself.
OptiMum Health & Fitness supports:
- new mums;
- women experiencing pelvic floor dysfunction;
- women wanting to improve their diastasis (tummy gap) function;
- women recovering from c-section or hysterectomy;
- women who are peri-post menopausal;
- women who want to feel fit, health and strong whilst being part of a supportive and friendly community.
Nikki’s in-person activities include:
- ‘Love Your Pelvic Floor & Core’ workshops;
- Barrefit workout classes;
- a range of ‘Holistic Core Restore’ classes;
- Women’s Wellbeing Walks in Eddington;
- scar tissue massage;
- one-to-one personal training.
Nikki’s online activities include:
- live ‘Love Your Pelvic Floor and Core’ workshops;
- live BarreFit classes;
- an on demand ‘Love Your Pelvic Floor and Core’ webinar;
- on demand and pre-recorded classes.
Nikki has completed training with Cognitive Sports Therapy, and is part of their network. She has particular expertise in using exercise to support mental wellbeing.
- Membership of the OptiMum Facebook community is free and includes tips, techniques and workouts.
- OptiMum’s blog with information and advice on a range of mental and physical wellbeing topics for women.
- Women’s Wellness Walks in Eddington are free.
Please contact Nikki directly for the cost of her classes and services.