Our VoicesBack to Activities
Our Voices is a young people's advisory group for mental health and wellbeing services in Cambridgeshire & Peterborough. It is an opportunity for young people to talk about what matters to them and shape the design and development of local mental health services and projects.
This activity is good for wellbeing because
- You can have your say about issues that matter to you, and make a real difference;
- It’s an opportunity to meet new people with similar interests, and work together on interesting projects;
- You will gain valuable experience, training and references.
How to contact
Where to go
33 Clarendon Street
Cambridge CB1 1JX
Available throughout Cambridge
What to expect
Our Voices is the young person’s advisory group for Cambridgeshire and Peterborough mental health and wellbeing services. Anyone aged between 13 and 19 years old living in Cambridgeshire or Peterborough can become a Youth Adviser. You don’t need to have had experience of mental health difficulties, or engaged with any mental health services, although if you do have lived experience this will be valued. The main qualities needed are enthusiasm and a commitment to making a difference.
Youth Advisors meet for an hour once a month on Microsoft Teams. Meetings are informal, there is no right way to participate. The group plan things such as Instagram posts and campaigns as well us meet ups. They have guests from Cambridgeshire and Peterborough mental health services attend to gain honest feedback and opinions on marketing materials, letters and possible changes within services. There is no expectation of attendance at every meeting.
As well as the monthly online meetings, Youth Advisors also meet up quarterly in person for fun group activities chosen by members. These meeting include pizza, fun activities, campaign work and guest speakers.
The group has been involved with the development of local children and young people’s mental health service YOUnited since its inception in 2021, including:
- Co-design of the YOUnited logo and branding
- Consultation on letters received by young people after they have been referred
- Consultation about the language used with young people about the support they may receive from YOUnited
- Consultation about marketing materials
Our Voices is free to attend, you will be given gift vouchers in exchange for taking part.