Wonderfully Made Creative CaféBack to Activities
Wonderfully Made Creative Café is a weekly drop-in craft space where it’s OK not to be OK. People can take part in activities, learn new skills and create things whilst talking and listening to a friendly group.
This activity is good for wellbeing because
- You can be creative and express yourself.
- You can share your feelings, stories or thoughts in a safe, accepting and friendly environment.
- You can make new friends and join a supportive group that values every member and listens to one another.
“The people here are so supportive and they’ve really helped. I am autistic so I find socialising difficult, but this place is so inclusive and supportive. It’s all about connection – they’ve been fantastic to me here, and I’ve met so many lovely people. I don’t have any family any more, and have been lonely and isolated in the past, coming here is really helpful.”
How to contact
Where to go
Arbury Road Baptist Church
Wonderfully Made was started by Christians who have experienced both the struggles of mental illness and the support of loving community.
The group is a supportive space where you can chat with others, play board games and take part in craft activities. Everyone is welcome, you don’t need to book in advance, you can just go along.
The group prides itself on commitment to these values:
- Everyone is welcome, without judgement
- It’s a safe and confidential space where people can share stories, if they wish
- It’s a community group where no one is left out and the group supports each other
- Group members are present for one another and treat each other with compassion.
All activities are free and refreshments are provided.
The organisers also run a wellbeing walk called ‘Wonder Wander’ every Tuesday afternoon. Meet outside Arbury Road Baptist Church and join the group for a walk including a visit to a local café. Full details on the green poster below.