Young Parents Programme – Romsey MillBack to Activities
The Young Parents Programme provides intensive personal, educational and parenting support for first time teenage and young parents. It is run by the local children’s, family and youth charity, Romsey Mill.
This activity is good for wellbeing because
- it will help you access the support you need to be the best parent you can be;
- you will meet other teenage and young parents going through similar experiences, helping you feel less isolated and alone;
- if you want to, you can get back into education or employment by gaining qualifications, learning new skills and growing in confidence.
“Amazing, the staff have helped both me and my partner individually and as a couple. The groups are also beneficial, they help people of all abilities and they also check on you if you’re not in for whatever reason. Their care goes above and beyond!” Becky, a young mum
How to contact
Where to go
What to expect?
Being a young mum or dad can feel confusing, lonely and overwhelming – but it can also be immensely rewarding too! Romsey Mill’s Young Parents Programme supports you by offering some or all of the following:
- home visits and one-to-one support;
- antenatal classes tailored for young mums and dads;
- postnatal groups for peer support and child development;
- courses such as the Arts Award, parenting and self confidence;
- support to move on to further training, education or employment (if that’s your goal);
- helping you to find and integrate into groups and activities in your local area.
It also offers one-to-one and group support for young fathers (age 25 and under) with information about becoming and being a dad; looking after babies; work, college or training; and arranging to see your child.
The Young Parents Programme team have worked with lots of young mums and dads and understand what it can feel like and the challenges you might be facing. No one will judge you and everyone is friendly, kind and caring.
If are a young mum or dad, or soon to be one, you can email the team or call Romsey Mill during normal office hours on 01223 213162 and select #3.
If you are a professional who would like more information or to refer a young parent, you can email the team or call Romsey Mill during normal office hours as above.
To access support from the Young Parents Programme, you will need to be:
- aged 19 or under if you are a mum;
- aged 25 or under if you are a dad;
- living in the City of Cambridge, South Cambridgeshire or East Cambridgeshire.
Romsey Mill’s Young Parents Programme is free.