Youth Development – Romsey MillBack to Activities
Romsey Mill’s Youth Development Team work with disadvantaged young people (aged 10 – 21 years) across Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
This activity is good for wellbeing because
- youth workers are there to listen, support and encourage – they won’t judge you or your circumstances;
- you will meet other young people like you and do things you enjoy;
- you can develop your skills and confidence whilst making a positive difference to others and your community.
“I got into trouble with the police, mainly because I was bored. Romsey Mill boosted my confidence, helped me get qualifications. Now I’m being educated, getting qualifications, making friends and achieving.” Adam, a young person supported by the Youth Development Team.
How to contact
Where to go
What to expect?
Romsey Mill’s Youth Development Team offer group or one-to-one support and activities that will grow your confidence, find out what you’re passionate about, and help you overcome challenges.
You may be offered opportunities such as:
- youth clubs open to all and a safe space to socialise;
- creative arts and music studio sessions;
- sports projects;
- one-to-one support and mentoring;
- youth leadership programmes;
- activity breaks and residentials;
- and with the support of your school, alternative education with courses on art, music, cooking, maths and English.
The Youth Development Team work in specific places throughout Peterborough and Cambridgeshire. If you are dealing with any of the following, get in touch with Romsey Mill to see what is available in your area:
- problems at home – including caring responsibilities;
- feeling lonely or socially isolated;
- struggling with anger, anxiety, low mood or feeling out of control;
- involvement with the criminal justice system or police;
- drug & alcohol abuse or other risky behaviour;
- not going to school or being excluded from school.
You may meet a Romsey Mill Youth Worker in your school or out and about in your community.
The Youth Development Team have worked with lots of young people and understand the challenges you might be facing. No one will judge you and everyone is friendly and caring.
To find out if Romsey Mill offer Youth Development support and opportunities near you, you can email the team or call Romsey Mill during normal office hours on 01223 213162.
This service is free – grants and donations to support activities are always welcome.