Child and Family CentresBack to Support
Child and Family Centres & Zones in Cambridge offer groups, events, activities, courses and support for families with children aged 0-19.
How to contact
Where to go
North Cambridge Child and Family Centre
The Fields Child and Family Centre
Chesterton Child and Family Centre
Shirley Community Primary School
Fawcett Child and Family Zone
Fawcett Primary School
Across Cambridge there is a network of Child and Family Centres and Zones that provide activities, groups, events and support for families and people who look after children including:
- Support groups run by family workers.
- Information and advice about education and childcare.
- Employment, training and benefits advice.
- Drop-in play sessions.
- Child development and special needs advice.
- Parenting courses.
- A meeting place for parents, carers and childminders.
- Parent led sessions and groups.
- Dads’ groups.
- Health services such as midwife appointments and health visitor clinics.
Due to limited spaces, groups, activities, classes and courses need to be booked in advance. Email or phone ahead using the contact information provided.
To find out what is happening near you, where and when, visit the Cambridge City Child and Family Centre Facebook page on the link above.
Some activities & groups have a small charge per family per session. You can pay in cash on the day of the activity.
Families on a low income will be eligible for free entry.
All other support, information and advice is free.