NHS Health and Wellbeing CoachesBack to Support
Health and Wellbeing Coaches can support you to make positive lifestyle changes and take practical steps to improve your health and wellbeing. The service is free and available for adult patients registered with certain GP surgeries in Cambridge.
How to contact
Where to go
Available throughout Cambridge
What to expect
You will usually meet with your coach via telephone or an online video platform. Sometimes it is possible to meet in person. You and your coach will decide when to meet and how many sessions you will have. People usually have a maximum of 6-8 sessions.
Each coaching session lasts for up to 45 minutes. The focus of the sessions will depend on your individual situation and goals. For example, you might want to focus on:
• losing weight or getting more active
• managing stress
• improving sleep
• managing a health condition (such as diabetes or high blood pressure)
• coping with the impact of a change in your health
• balancing the competing demands of life
You can self-refer to the coaching service – ask your GP surgery to let the Health and Wellbeing Coaching team know that you would like to be contacted, and someone will get in touch with you.
This service is for anyone over the age of 18 who is a patient of Cambridge City 4 PCN. This includes patients of the following GP surgeries:
- Cherry Hinton & Brookfields Medical Centre
- Cornford House Surgery & Fulbourn Health Centre
- Mill Road Surgery & Cherry Hinton Surgery
- Petersfield Medical Practice
- Queen Edith Medical Practice
- Woodlands Surgery
To find out more about the work of Cambridge City 4 PCN and the services they offer visit their website.
Individual coaching sessions are free of charge.