Ukrainian Guests & Host FamiliesBack to Support
Ласкаво просимо до Кембриджа. Cambridge City Council has gathered some really useful resources for Ukrainian guests and their host families. Find support here if you are a guest from Ukraine, or a hosting family.
How to contact
Where to go
Cambridge City Council
If you are a guest from Ukraine living in Cambridge, here are some sources of information and support:
- Cambridge City Council’s webpage for guests from Ukraine has guidance on a range of topics and is updated regularly.
- Cambridge4Ukraine is a volunteer initiative set up by Ukrainians in Cambridge. Their website has details of Ukrainian coffee and conversation meetings. It also has information about sources of support including transport, English lessons and financial help.
- Cambridge Russian-Speaking Society organise free English language and cultural adaptation sessions for Ukrainian refugees in Cambridge and the surrounding area. They also run a helpline to facilitate communication between Ukrainian refugees and their host families. Call the helpline on 056 0302 5975.
Cambridge Ethnic Community Forum offers advice and support to Ukrainians in Cambridgeshire and can help with housing issues, finding a job, ESOL classes, education, access to public services and benefits. If you have any problems and concerns, please email (in English, Ukrainian or Russian) [email protected] or call 01223 655241.
- Ukrainians Welcome provides guidance on how to stay safe in the UK.
If you are a Cambridge resident and would like to know more about how to support the people of Ukraine you can find this information on the Cambridge City Council website.
Click here if you are looking for support beyond Cambridge:
Barnardo’s has a national helpline to support Ukrainian families that can help with:
- therapy with a qualified psychotherapist – delivered via the phone or online, with access to interpreters;
- advice on a range of issues including housing, accessing key health services, education, employment and more via trained helpline support workers;
- practical support – access to digital devices to ensure you stay connected to loved ones, as well as toys for children, baby equipment and more.
All services include access to interpreters in Ukrainian and Russian.
The Barnardo’s Helpline is open:
- Mon – Fri 10.00am-8.00pm
- Sat – 10.00am-3.00pm
You can contact the helpline on: 0800 148 8586 or email: [email protected]
For more info on Barnardo’s Helpline click here.
Artists in Exile offers artists and creatives who come to the UK through the Government’s Homes for Ukraine scheme help with travel, accommodation and finding work in the UK. Contact via email or find out more on the website.