Arts and MindsBack to Activities
Arts and Minds uses the arts to support the positive wellbeing of individuals and communities. They run a range of arts-based programmes and activities across Cambridgeshire and Peterborough, no previous skills needed.
This activity is good for wellbeing because
- creative engagement can improve confidence and self-esteem
- creative engagement promotes social connectedness
- it provides opportunities for you to experiment with different materials and learn new skills
“It was unexpected how much the sessions made a positive impact on my wellbeing.”
“Learning that I have a creative side and having this time for me.”
How to contact
Where to go
Cambridge CB2 1SU
St Martin's Church
Cambridge CB1 3QD
What to expect?
Arts and Minds offer several programmes in Cambridge:
- both virtual and face-to-face Arts on Prescription programmes that run between 6-12 weeks, facilitated by a skilled artist and an experienced counsellor. Carers may attend and join in, should they wish. Arts materials are provided and these are sent through the post for virtual programmes;
- Michaelhouse Singers, a welcoming community choir open to anybody with a mental health condition and their carers and friends. Young people over 12 years are welcome to attend with an accompanying adult;
- Pottery for younger people with dementia and their carers, which allows attendees to show ability and enjoy success within a safe and social setting, experience handling clay and be guided and supported to make objects which will then be glazed and professionally fired; and
- a bi-monthly Creative Café at the Junction, an informal, friendly drop-in cafe. The cafe is open to people of all ages and we particularly welcome those who may be experiencing anxiety, depression or loneliness to feel more connected with their community.
Arts and Minds aspire to a creative society where people have the confidence and self-esteem to lead fulfilling lives. They work across Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
Arts and Minds ask for contributions from participants on all of their programmes.
However, they do not wish finance to present a barrier to you participating. Therefore, they are always happy to discuss / waive contributions where appropriate.
For more information, please get in touch with them!